Hi! Hello. Hola. Bonjour!
I am an Austin photographer and the mother of 2 teenagers & a toddler. I can be found cheering at football games, school concerts, or at home cuddling with the little watching something animated & eating too much popcorn. I live in Austin, Texas where I love riding my bicycle, hiking the greenbelt, playing with our two rescue dogs, or laughing with friends. One of my favorite things to do is go out to a delicious meal, I try to wear my ‘fancy’ shoes but it doesn’t last long 😉Follow me on Facebook!
I have been photographing for over 14 years starting in Michigan and since 2009 in Austin and the surrounding areas.
Here are a few tidbits about myself:
- I love to laugh and will do it as often as possible.
- I really like to paint with acrylics.
- I like riding my bike and wish I could do it more–it’s just sooo hot in the summer months.
- I have 3 children who are amazing and growing so fast.
- My husband Matt is also my business partner, best friend, and sanity maintainer or sanity spoilier? (is that a word?).
- I’m a night owl. Don’t be surprised to get an e-mail from me waaaaay past a normal bedtime.
- I love a cold beer and a big messy burger sometimes.
- I make really good homemade pickles (thanks dad!)
- I cry at every weddings ALWAYS, luckily I can hide behind my camera.
- I love organization, hate being late, and in a perfect world I would have organization like Martha Stewart.
- I’m interested in experimenting with artistic concepts and always growing my knowledge.
- I really, really, really love what I do. Follow me on Facebook!
Some of my favorite things to capture are:
- People of all ages-because each one is so unique. I have met wonderful people through photography and I hope to meet many more. Kids are so fun when you can get them to open up, go on a photo adventure, and ask them to be your helper.
- FOOD. I’m a food lover and the art behind presentation is astounding. Not to mention the colors and textures provide artwork for all your senses. Oh how I love food.
- Small Weddings I like the big ones too but there is something about a small gathering of a couples favorite closest people and the magic of sharing their love together. I really get a chance for the charisma and personalities to come out once people get to know me a little and warm up to the camera.
- Fashion. I’m not the trendiest gal on the block but as a past model I can appreciate all the work that goes into the beauty.
- Candid or Photojournalistic. this can be people or events but there is something special when you capture a subject in the best gut wrenching laugh, or a very serene moment between two people that expresses love that you have only heard of in fairy tales.