Hi! Thanks for taking a second to get to know me better, I’ll try and make this quick.
First and foremost I am a mother of 2 teenagers and I can be found cheering at football games, band, choir, or chauffeuring them around. I live in the heart of Austin, Texas where I love riding my road bike, hiking the greenbelt, playing with our two rescue dogs, or relaxing with friends. One of my favorite things to do is go out to a delicious meal, I try to wear my ‘fancy’ shoes but it doesn’t last long
I am a self-taught photographer who started with film and quickly became obsessed with digital after I had to have 34 rolls of film checked at the airport (let’s say the people behind me were not very happy). I really find passion in a smile that comes from a laugh or when you see a personality blossom in front of the camera!
I have been photographing for over 11 years starting in Michigan and since 2009 in Austin and the surrounding areas.
Here are a few tidbits about myself:
- I love to laugh and will do it as often as possible.
- I am a web and graphics designer as well as a photographer.
- I really like to paint with acrylics.
- I like riding my road bike and wish I could do it more–it’s just sooo hot in the summer months.
- I have two children who are amazing and growing so fast.
- My partner Matt is also my business partner, best friend, and sanity maintainer (is that a word?).
- I’m a night owl. Don’t be surprised to get an e-mail from me waaaaay past a normal bedtime.
- I am a front yard organic farmer and hope to have a small farm someday soon.
- I make really good homemade pickles (thanks dad!)
- I cry at every wedding, luckily I can hide behind my camera.
- I love organization, hate being late, and in a perfect world I would have organization like Martha Stewart.
- I’m interested in experimenting with artistic concepts and always growing my knowledge.
- I really, really, really love what I do.
Some of my favorite things to capture are:
- People of all ages-because each one is so unique. I have met wonderful people through photography and I hope to meet many more. Kids are so fun when you can get them to open up, go on a photo adventure, and ask them to be your helper.
- Products because it’s just me and the still life of the product, much like a zen moment.
- FOOD. I’m a food lover and the art behind presentation is astounding. Not to mention the colors and textures provide artwork for all your senses. Oh how I love food.
- Small Weddings I like the big ones too but there is something about a small gathering of a couples favorite closest people and the magic of sharing their love together. I really get a chance for the charisma and personalities to come out once people get to know me a little and warm up to the camera.
- Fashion. I’m not the trendiest gal on the block but as a past model I can appreciate all the work that goes into the beauty.
- Candid or Photojournalistic. this can be people or events but there is something special when you capture a subject in the best gut wrenching laugh, or a very serene moment between two people that expresses love that you have only heard of in fairy tales.